REAL ESTATE – RESIDENTIAL PURCHASES AND SALES
We understand the importance that real estate plays in our clients’ financial success. Our attorneys have extensive experience representing purchasers, sellers, lenders, developers, landlords and tenants in all aspects of residential real property ownership, conveyancing and leasing.
For clients purchasing or selling real estate, we provide the following services:
- Prepare, review and negotiate contracts
- Review offering plans and conduct due diligence
- Acquire and review title reports, surveys and municipal department records
- Review and advise on environmental issues, including lead paint, oil tanks, asbestos, well, septic, wetlands and radon
- Coordinate and attend closings
- Negotiate and review the listing agreement
- Assist and counsel in broker disputes
- Prepare all sale documents, including deeds and transfer tax returns
In representing commercial and residential lenders in mortgage financing and refinancing arrangements, we draw upon our broad experience on both legal and business issues to provide assurance that the financing is structured securely and properly.
Landlords and tenants rely upon our attorneys on a wide range of leasing matters, including review and negotiation of leases and resolving lease disputes, violations and enforcement of rights.
We also represent clients facing municipal regulatory agencies to help them resolve issues including variances, subdivisions, elimination of violations and general compliance matters. Our services include preparing applications, attending municipal hearings and representation during Article 78 proceedings and appeals.